Thursday, March 24, 2005

In Perspective

A friend of ours lost her husband and her three-year-old son in a car accident last week.
We don't know them well enough to help, but we know them well enough to worry and miss them.
The day before it happened she and I were discussing plans for our two little boys to start dancing together and she was excited about the songs and dances she'd picked for them to do.
How would I feel if I woke up and The Man and The Boy were gone? Just gone forever?
I can't imagine and I could never have expected it to hit me the way it did.
I felt guilty to feel so bad, when I really didn't know them well.
I felt like I didn't have a right to feel sad when here she is, with her three other kids, dealing with losing her husband and her baby.
I hear she's going to be ok.
Every moment is precious.
It's not just a cliché when you're standing this close to that kind of sadness.

No comments: