Saturday, March 18, 2006

Kevin 'Bloody' Wilson Knew What he Was Talking About

Ever hear that song by Kevin 'Bloody' Wilson - 'stick that fucking phone, up your fucking arse'?
I emphathise so much after this weekend.

Imagine this, how about paying a fortune to log onto ISDN (the only broadband-style service available up here in the hills) and finding out that Telstra will only come one day in 14 to this area, turning down work to be at home, having to talk to 14 (I kid you not) operators to set the system up yourself while the technician stands behind you watching...and then, discover at midnight when you're downloading the 24 newspaper pages you've just been contracted to rescue, that Telstra has a new policy of putting everyone's account on a 12-hour-hold while they check your credit details to avoid fraudulent accounts being set up.

Of course, one of my IT-savvy friends suggested that maybe they were just sick of me and thought if they could put me off until after the weekend I'd go away and stop harassing their staff.
Quite possible - after all, all those diversions to India must cost them a lot of money!

No comments: