Friday, March 24, 2006

The Lure of News

God I still love newspapers.
Part of my masochistic 'love what you shouldn't have' personality I think.

I'm consulting for a tiny little community newspaper up further in SA's desert than my own paper, and it's in DEEP SHIT!
And I just LOVE the idea of making it work.
I've got two months to do a comprehensive breakdown and offer them some solutions or it's going to be sold, basically, or more like absorbed into a big corporation.
Which would be a shame because it's the ONLY committee-owned newspaper in SA and only one of three that isn't owned by Rural Press or the Murray Press group.

Well - better find myself a SWOT model because my report is all to men and we know how they love those pretty charts and pie-graphs.
Time to get started while the kids are having afternoon iceblocks and cartoon wind-downs with their 'babies'.

No comments: