Saturday, March 18, 2006

Sold My Soul

Hello, we're back again!
I'm officially at home on line now.
I wasn't able to access Yahoo while working at the Last Great Bastian of Liberal Policy-Making...for some reason the Australian Government's SOE blocks yahoo sites of all kinds - go figure.

So, you want to hear how desperate I am for work - this weekend I volunteered (yes, you read right) to hand out 'how to vote Liberal' cards at my local polling booth. (If volunteering means glancing around with shifty eyes and sheepishly answering 'sure' when the State campaign manager catches you working in the Federal Liberal Electorate office and asks you in front of your staunchly Liberal co-workers whether you'd mind showing your support for the party at your tiny hamlet's polling booth).

The Kids came down with me.
Of course, the funniest bit is that the whole time I was there The Kids were brawling and covering themselves in Commonwealth Games mascot iceblocks, and I didn't realise but the pair of them were sitting in front of the 'Family First' propaganda - they even left green and gold fingerprints on the signs.
A little bit of hands-on family life might actually make a few naifs think twice about voting for THAT party.

But on the way home, The Kids asked me who I voted for and I told them the Greens, because, like The Lorax, they "speak for the trees".
I don't think I'll have a job at the Bastian next week...LOL.

Of course, if the Greens get in in a landslide, I apologise right now to all my lovely Roxby Downs friends who will be suddenly out of work when the no uranium mining policy comes into place.
Sorry - can't win 'em all!

And in the Upper House - I numbered every one of those 54 boxes and felt so sorry for whichever poor bastard has to check that you've numbered them all correctly.
Wouldn't you feel inclined to just go 'dud vote' every time you saw one of those conscientiously-ticked ballots? "Oops, there's another loser who can't count - file that in the round file'.

And if all my independents get in - No Pokies, No Guns, No Nukes, No Drugs, No Live Exports, No Battery Hens, No Abortion, No Fun at All For Anyone...oh, except for the sheep and hens of course.

1 comment:

SouthOzBloke said...

You handed out Liberal How to Vote cards huh? Wow!
I guess I can empathise with you on everything apart from that.
I love your blogs though.